A place for my knitting ramblings ...

5.17.2005

Sophie Felted Purse - Completed!


My dad saw the purse and said, "Is that boiled wool?" Hmmm ... I guess it is. : )

Sophie was such a fun and easy pattern! Absolutely perfect for a first felting project. I am really happy with it! I took a dozen pictures and this is the best one. It is not great, I know! But the morning sun shining in helps to accurately capture the colors.

Size info: Pre-felting = 9 inches high, 7 inches on top and 9.5 inches across the bottom Post-felting= 6 inches high, 6 inches on top and 8.5 inches across the bottom



3 Comments:

Blogger VelvetMarmoset said...

My dad said almost the SAME thing to me when he saw my Sophie! He said, "Is that like those [oh crap I can't remember which Scandinavian-like country he said] boiled wool sweaters your mom had?"
And, I guess my Sophie2 isn't *that* tiny afterall, after seeing your measurements. Maybe my Sophie1 was just huge because she was done in Lopi. Did you do twisted handles, or is that a 6 st i-cord?

May 18, 2005 10:02 AM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

I decided to do a 6 stitch i-cord, because I wasn't sure if twisting the handles would be hard to do.

May 18, 2005 10:15 AM

 
Blogger VelvetMarmoset said...

I just dangled my purse by the dpn holding both i-cord ends, and set it spinning -- it worked out just fine and was easy, in case you make another Sophie and want twisted handles!

May 18, 2005 1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home