A place for my knitting ramblings ...

7.21.2005

A career as a librarian ...

At the end of June, I completed my Master of Library & Information Science degree. I interviewed for 4 library jobs and I am pleased to say that I got one of them!!! Starting on Monday ... I will be the Youth Services Librarian at a public library.

I am super excited for a number of reasons:
  • I will have the opportunity to work with children again
  • It's a full-time position, which seems to be rare in Metro Detroit libraries as of late (I guess a lot of libraries are hiring p/t librarians without benefits to save $)
  • The library is small - which I think will be really neat!
  • It is close ~ only 6 miles from my house
  • Now I can actually be a member of the "Librarians who Knit" web ring

3 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

CONGRATULATIONS Kristin!!! I'm so happy for you! What library is it? If I had eneded up in Library school (which you never know, maybe I will some day) youth librarian would have been it for me too. Yay for you!!!

July 21, 2005 9:19 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

That's great news!! You're welcome in the ring whenever you are ready to join. Yay!

Heidi

July 21, 2005 10:02 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Oh wait, you're already in it, and now it's "for real." :)

July 21, 2005 10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home