A place for my knitting ramblings ...

7.13.2005

First finished mitten

I realize that it is not really the time of year to knit mittens. But I bought this yarn in the winter to make a scarf. I discovered that I liked it best knit in stockinette stitch, but the scarf curled into a tube ... and that was not cute. About a week ago, I busted out that unfinished scarf and came up with the idea to knit mittens out of the yarn. Tonight, I finished one (and hopefully I will have some time to complete the other this weekend). Here it is ... I think it is pretty cute!


4 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

Cute! That's that lion brand wool, right? I'm totally blanking on the name right now...landscapes?

July 14, 2005 8:47 AM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

Yes - it is Landscapes. For Lion Brand, I think it is really pretty. Most of their yarn doesn't do much for me!

July 14, 2005 10:10 AM

 
Blogger VelvetMarmoset said...

Well now if you get poison ivy this summer, at least you have something to put on your hands to stop the scratching! Otherwise, you can gaze lovingly at the mittens until it gets butt-cold again.
Oh, and I shot you a message at SNB with my email 'dress in it.

July 15, 2005 5:54 PM

 
Blogger wheatable said...

It is a very cute mitten. I appreciate it.

July 15, 2005 6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home