A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.09.2005

Detroit Swing City

Went to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy this weekend. They played with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra at Meadowbrook Music Festival. It was a lot of fun and it brought back memories of my swing dance days. (I sound like I am 80!) But it actually made me miss swing dancing a lot!

So, I have been talking about these damn mittens for a month. I think that I finally got the pattern right! Maybe it wasn't too bright (of me) to make up my own pattern when I have only been knitting for 6 months. But hey! I finished one mitten and hopefully will finish a second one soon. Photos and the pattern will be posted soon ...

I WON!!!! I was driving home from work, listening to the radio and they annouced that the 9th caller would win concert tickets to see the English Beat. I usually wouldn't bother, but something possessed me to pick up my cell phone and give it a try. : )

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Congrats on winning those tickets! When I hear their music, I can't keep my feet still. I also want to grab something and act like I'm playing the sax. Mirror in the Bathroom.....

August 10, 2005 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Miss Julie said...

Hey Kristin. Thanks for the comment. This is my first time over to your place, and I like. I'm intrigued with your MLS (is that right?) since I often think maybe I should have gone the library science route instead of the one I took. In any case, I'm sure I'll be back -- and congrats on winning those tickets.

August 14, 2005 11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home