A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.26.2005

I confess ...

I love Martha. Martha never fails me. She has great ideas. (Yes, she also has zillions of people working for her who also have great ideas ... but still - she has great ideas). Her magazine provides me with many great inventions and intentions. Most of the time (read: all of the time), I do not follow through with these intentions. But still - it makes me feel good that doing, cooking, building, planting, decorating like that is within my reach.

So, after watching an episode of Martha's new show last week, I was inspired. Who wouldn't be!?!? They made pastitsio. Something that always sounds interesting on the menu in Greektown and something that I never order. Martha, that intention-creator, hooked me in. I printed the recipe last night and went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients. And tonight ... do you know what I did? I made that dang PASTITSIO and it was darn tasty!

Now, I can't wait to see Wednesdays episode. Conan + Martha = fun

Thank you Martha!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Julie said...

Hey Kristin. Love the bag! I hope your sister loves it, too. And good for you for embarking on your Martha-inspired foodie adventure. It always feels good to buckle down and make something after spending lots and lots of time just thinking "I could make that!"

September 28, 2005 10:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the chow! Thanks!
Mel

September 28, 2005 11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home