A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.05.2005

Labor Day in the D

Stayed in town for the long weekend (even though I had originally hoped to make in to Chicago). I was worried that it might not be any fun around here, since I didn't have anything specific planned. It turned out to be quite good! YAY!

Friday: Ate sushi and ginger salad and edamame. Always makes me happy.

Saturday: Mel & I went to the MSU football game against Kent State. We won. I got sunburned. Perfect weather - not a cloud in the sky.

Let's go STATE!

Sunday: Went to the Jazz Fest in Detroit. Saw nephew play and felt proud. Walked on the riverfront. Walked around Detroit a little to check out new developments. Watched an awesome brass band from Nawlins and felt sad.

My new best friend

Met a cute cat that I named Morris. We bonded on Pat's front lawn. Look at him enjoying his rub! Had a BBQ in the evening and then played a rousing game of Pit.

Today: Two words - cider & donuts! Mmmm. Ran some errands and took a nap. Worked on Sophie #3.

May add in a 3rd color - haven't decided yet!


3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Julie said...

Oooh! Good colors on your bag. What 3rd color are you considering?

September 06, 2005 8:08 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I love those colors: blue and yellow.

September 09, 2005 10:51 AM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

Thanks Julie & Diana! It is actually a greenish color, but it does look yellow in the photo. Damn flash / bad lighting! Ha!

September 09, 2005 7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home