A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.07.2005

The purl scarf - Part I

So ... I have found my yarn for the purl scarf. I am using 3 yarns: Classic Elite Gatsby (#2146), Patons Divine (#06206) and Knit One Crochet Too's Douceur et Soie Kid Mohair (#8512). I have knit about 5 rows so far and I am liking it.

I am not really clear on why this is called the purl scarf. It is a k1, p1 rib pattern. The book says that they call it that because it has inspired so many customers to create their own scarves. That doesn't really explain it to me. Am I missing something?

In other news ... I am now 31! That has to be the most hideous age. I am not one to get upset about birthdays and ages. But there is just something about 31 that I just don't like. Sigh. Well, here are the remnants of a birthday treat from Mel. : )



Mmmmmm ... cupcakes.

Here's something fun to do ...




You Belong in London


A little old fashioned, and a little modern.

A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.

A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.

No wonder you and London will get along so well.


What City Do You Belong in? Take This Quiz :-)




I spent NYE 04/05 in London. And we do do get along well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

You've been busy! knitting, turning 31 (happy birthday!)....good times.

Took the quiz and I also belong in London (I was hoping that's what I would get.) :-)

October 08, 2005 10:54 AM

 
Blogger Miss Julie said...

Happy birthday, Kristin! Hope 31 is as good as those cupcakes look.

Your scarf looks great! I, too, checked out that book from the library recently and eyed that pattern. I just don't trust my color sensibility yet to be able to pick three that will look good altogether. You've inspired me. By the way, it's called the Purl scarf because the author of Last-Minute Knitted Gifts owns the yarn shop called Purl in NYC, hence her remark about the customers.

October 08, 2005 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Happy belated birthday! Thirty-one isn't so bad... just wait it gets worse!

October 13, 2005 7:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home