A place for my knitting ramblings ...

11.13.2005

It works!

My plan worked! I went to the LYS on my lunch hour and bought the Blue Sky Organic Cotton for the Ruffles scarf. I went with Bone, because as I mentioned before ... a girlie color and girlie ruffles might be an overwhelming combo for me. Although, there were many beautiful colors in the non-organic variety.

The pattern looked kind of confusing to me. But Maya ensured me that I could do it! I am a very visual learner and reading descriptions of how to do the "wrap & turn" and the "knit the wrap & the wrapped stitch together" left me concerned. Thank God for Google and knit blogs, people! I typed in KWTOG and it led me to Yvonne's blog, where she had expressed a similar concern and solution. Turns out that once you figure it all out, the pattern is easily memorizable and not as tricky as it originally seemed! YAY!

So, here is what I have so far:

In fashion news, I have been trying really hard to find a certain pair of shoes. After many visits to local shoe stores and not finding them in the right color or size (although I came really close on Friday night), I finally found them online. I ordered them and they should arrive in 4 - 7 business days via UPS. I hope ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

your ruffles scarf looks great! See - not so bad, huh?!

I love those new Keen shoes! I should check them out, seeings how my keen sandles were pretty much attached to my feet this summer and it's a bit too cold for them now. :-)

November 14, 2005 12:17 PM

 
Blogger Yvonne said...

I'm a visual learner too and I'm SO HAPPY with "KWTOG The Movie" LOL!! Yours looks great, I like the color. I know what you mean with the girly color, I'm knitting a pink one now and it's really really girly :o)

November 15, 2005 3:15 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I'd give anything to be able to go to a yarn shop on my lunch hour. Of course, then I would be broke!

November 17, 2005 1:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home