A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.04.2005

Noel Night & snowy fun in Detroit

Pat & I spent last evening in Detroit. We went to Noel Night in the Midtown. It totally put me in the holiday spirit! There was a live manger scene at a church on Woodward, we saw the Spartan Dischords and we participated in a Holiday sign-along with the Salvation Army Band. It was great to see so many people down there and enjoying themselves. And it was snowing! That always makes things more festive! We also took a detour into the Detroit Public Library, where I obviously need to spend more time. We went up a random staircase and found ourselves here.

How come I never knew about this before? I feel like I know a lot about Detroit and its gems, but every once in a while I come across something like this that just blows me away. In a way, that is good (for me), but it also makes me sad that no one knows or cares about this city. (Sigh)

Then we drove around Detroit in the snow with the sunroof open and I took pictures of the city. I was finally ready for Christmas carols (because it is no longer November 1st!!!!!!), so we put on WNIC and enjoyed the wintery night.

Meet me under the Kern's clock ...

I am frustrated about knitting right now. I spent half of my day off on Friday knitting a scarf and then decided that I wasn't lovin' it! So, I am going to frog it and figure out a Plan B. I hate it when that happens.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

It makes me sad too that people don't care about Detroit. People in boston are always like "Detroit? Gross." It's really too bad.

good luck with the scarf! I'm sure you'll be much happier with whatever alternative you come up with. :-)

December 04, 2005 10:05 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

My husband and I just went through out local "Lights on the Lake" last night and commented that we couldn't remember the last time we had seen a live manger scene. I just love a live manger scene, it really brings out the Christmas spirit in me.

December 06, 2005 12:58 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Ooh! That outdoor picture is really pretty!

December 06, 2005 11:30 PM

 
Blogger bexala said...

I finally am able to tune in to WNIC. It's funny because I was driving with my sunroof open last night listening. Heh heh. Loved your pics of Detroit. Sometimes it's good to remember that there are still pretty things in the city.

December 10, 2005 5:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home