A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.06.2006

Happy 2006!

Happy New Year! Pat & I celebrated with my parents in Harbor Springs. Had a wonderful dinner and some adult beverages (but not too many, because we had skiing plans for new years day). We were just about the youngest people in the place, but that wasn't a big deal. Kind of amusing at times, actually.

The weather in Michigan has been very strange for the past few weeks. Very mild, almost warm at times. This doesn't make for very good skiing conditions. We lucked out, though. It snowed a lot on Friday night, so we had pretty good conditions for Sunday. We spent the day skiing at Nub's Nob in Harbor Springs. It's no Crested Butte, but it is a lot of fun and ranks pretty high as far as skiing in the Midwest goes. Maybe one of these winters, Pat & I will head to Colorado or Utah to ski ... but for now it's Nub's!

I knit in the car on the drive home. I cast on without having a real clear idea of what I was going to do. Ended up making a skinny scarf all in one color. Sometimes I want to wear a scarf at work or on a mild day that isn't super bulky ... so this will do the trick.

Note to Leetahl and Diana: Unfortunately all photos of my "excellent" dance moves have been deleted and the 2005 conga line picture is nowhere to be found. (Sorry to disappoint)

2 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

I just noticed that you finished "A Long Way Down". I started that back when it first came out, but just haven't finished it yet, although I have staretd and finished others since. I just can't get into it. And I REALLY didn't like "How To Be Good".

And I think I also and listening to Mass Romantic and Kicking Television :)

January 06, 2006 7:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... I wonder if I could find those pics. mel

January 07, 2006 12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home