A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.31.2006

Oscar night

Alright ... I need to get my butt to a movie theatre stat. After watching the Oscar nomination ceremony this morning, I am feeling left out. Out of the five Best Picture nominees, I have seen only one (Crash). So, the mission is to see at least a few more before Oscar night. (I am sure that I won't make it to all 4) . Brokeback Mountain, Capote & Good Night, and Good Luck are all playing at my local art house theatre. And I am not so sure that I want to see Munich, but that is playing at the regular theatres around Metro Detroit. So it shouldn't be a problem ...

I am obviously no expert in the matter ... but does anyone else think Walk the Line should be in that group???? I saw it a few weeks ago and it was excellent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

I was very surprised not to see Walk the Line in that category. Crash is the only other one I saw and, personally, I didn't think it was that great. Sure, it took a lot of risks, but to me that's only one small part of what makes a movie good. I was glad, however, that there weren't just, like, 6 movies nominated for everything. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like in past years there was less variety.

February 01, 2006 10:46 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Walk The Line should most definitely be in that catagory. It was fabulous.

February 02, 2006 12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home