A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.22.2006

Sick & tired

I am recovering from either food poisoning or the flu. Yuck! I am feeling a little sicky ... but much better now than I was this morning!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Chicago!? Mel & I had a great time there last weekend. We stayed in Wicker Park, which is a great little neighborhood. We ate and shopped and ate some more. There is so much fantastic shopping and yummy restaurants in Chicago! WOW!

We also ate here ... which wasn't so great!

And hung out here, which I have been wanting to do FOREVER!

I am making progress on the June Bug from Jess Hutch's book. It is fun & cute and I am excited about it. I am at a momentary stand still, though. Who knew that 9mm safety eyes could be hard to find? I went to 2 places today and they didn't have them. Poo!

Who can resist this? Not me. I was driving by my LYS and had to stop in. And even though I promised myself that I would try to stay away from knitting scarves, I justified my purchase with the fact that the scarf is a perfect way to learn cables. Right?

5 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

The Irish Hiking Scarf was a great way to learn cables. That was my first foray into cabling and it was quite easy. I am planning on making a hat soon...but we'll see.

January 22, 2006 11:27 PM

 
Blogger Miss Julie said...

I heart Chicago, too. I'm jealous you made it to the Green Mill, a spot I always promise myself to visit but never do. Was it fabulous?

January 23, 2006 1:22 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

Love Chicago - Thanks for coming with me! I know my brother really appreciated the visit! He's even coming home this weekend!

January 23, 2006 9:55 PM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

Hope you feel better soon! I love chicago and still hope I can live there someday. For now, I'm missin' HYAW. :(

January 24, 2006 12:06 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Chicago is a great town; I spent my 25th birthday there with a bunch of gals. Left the husband at home. We had a great time.

Irish Hiking Scarf is a great project for learning how to cable, and it makes for a nice scarf. I have the link on my blog in case you're interested.

January 24, 2006 1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home