A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.29.2006

The skills that pay the bills

Pat & I spent another long weekend in Harbor Springs, and we were joined by Todd & Krissy. We skiied at Nub's Nob on Friday. No new snow ... just the old, packed stuff. It wasn't the best day we have had on the slopes, but it was still fun! Unfortunately I took a spill and twisted my knee up a bit. I skiied through the pain for the rest of the day and then limped around for the rest of the night. Many ice cubes later I was pretty much as good as new.


On the lift

The rest of our time was spent lounging, eating, snacking, laughing and watching Long Way Round. We watched all 8 hours on DVD between Saturday & Sunday. I had seen some of the episodes on tv when it originally aired. If you are not familiar, it is a documentary-type show about Ewan McGregor and his friend Charley Boorman traveling from London to NYC on motorcycles. It was very enjoyable!

I also had time to knit. YAY! And I learned some new skills. YAY again! With that yummy Blizzard yarn I bought on sale last weekend, size US 13s and a pattern that involves seed stitch (new skill #1) on the sides and a cable (new skill #2) up the middle, I made this ...

Cables in digital macro

5 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

Very nice job on the new skills. I'd never thought of seed stitch and cables together. Looks good!

Long Way Round...I saw some of it, even checked out the book from the library, though I didn't finish it. Turns out I just want to hear Ewans accent, not read about the trip so much. RAWR!

January 30, 2006 2:06 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

Cool scarf! Barrie made one just like it last year. Is that the same pattern they have on display at HYAW?

January 30, 2006 11:57 AM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

Yes ... it is the pattern from HYAW. : ) I love it!

January 31, 2006 9:59 AM

 
Blogger Miss Julie said...

Love the scarf. Aren't cables fun, fun, fun?

January 31, 2006 7:54 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

I love that Blizzard yarn. Your new skills are looking great!

February 02, 2006 12:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home