A place for my knitting ramblings ...

2.26.2006

Cue the National Anthem

Representing Team Michigan, the gold medal winner in the Legwarmer Event goes to ... KristinKnits. She struggled early on in the race, with a late start and a few falls. Throughout the race she worried that she might not finish. She was able to come back strong and complete the event with time to spare.

14 days & a cute FO

Equipment: Denise US 8 16" circular needle and 2.25 skeins of Peruvian Collection Highland Wool in black

Pattern: CO 72 stitches. Knit in the round. 2x2 ribbing. Approximately 15 inches long.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Mel said...

Hey congrats - they look great! GOOD JOB TEAM MICHIGAN REP. KRISTIN!

February 26, 2006 7:53 PM

 
Anonymous anne said...

Yay! I've been meaning to knit some legwarmers, now that it's not so cold as to keep me from wearing skirts, so maybe this will be my motivation. Congrats on finishing, they look great!

February 26, 2006 7:53 PM

 
Blogger Joanna said...

The leg warmers are really nice and you've done a great job! What I love, love love are the shoes!!! LOL. Where did you get them, amy I ask?

February 26, 2006 9:02 PM

 
Blogger Krysia said...

So cute. Way cuter than the ones I wore in the 80s!

February 27, 2006 12:39 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Cute leg warmers, and I just love the shoes.

February 27, 2006 9:55 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Love those shoes. A girl in one of my classes had those and I always used to sit and admire them.

Oh, and the legwarmers aren't too bad either ;)

March 01, 2006 12:19 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

Good job, Kristin! I love how they look with the shoes and the skirt. Creative wearing of leg warmers, for sure. :-)

March 01, 2006 11:16 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Those are totally adorable! Gold medal for sure.

March 01, 2006 2:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home