A place for my knitting ramblings ...

2.05.2006

Detroit XL

You may have heard about a little event going on in Detroit this weekend ... the Super Bowl.


This is a really BIG deal for Detroit and I think we have shown our best side! : ) We went downtown yesterday to enjoy some of the festivities. Sledding, Model T rides, marshmallow roasting, ice skating, music, food, beer, etc.

It was snow-raining, so we got soaked, but it was great to see so many people in the city having a good time. Unforunately, we didn't have any celebrity sightings (except for some dudes from ESPN that I (obviously) had no clue who they were).


I have made progress on my mission to see Oscar-nominated movies. On Friday night, Mel, Nancy & I went to see Brokeback Mountain. It was beautifully filmed and groundbreaking - no doubt. Maybe my expectations were too high, based on all the hype and recommendations from trusted sources, but I am not sure if it was the Best Picture of the year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

I watched part of the jimmy kimmel show last night, just because they were filming in the gem theater. It's cool to see Detroit get any and all attention it can get.

I have friends who felt the same way about brokeback. And I haven't seen it yet but I feel like I've heard too much about it, so I'll probably also feel that way. oh well...

February 06, 2006 8:57 AM

 
Blogger Autumn said...

was there really those purple lights up in the city? i live about a 5 minutes drive from there but i stayed as far away as possible. ha ha.

by the way, my expectations were a tad too high of brokeback as well.

autumn

February 06, 2006 12:11 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

DETROIT ROCKS!!! Yeah XL Super Bowl! Glad you had a good time downtown! Love the photos!
Mel

February 07, 2006 10:03 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

I am promptly removing you from my Bloglines because of that last sentence. Har har.

February 08, 2006 10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home