A place for my knitting ramblings ...

2.09.2006

FOs & Questions for you

Hooray! I finished my seed stitch and cable scarf. Well, at least I think I am finished, but I will get to that in a moment. This scarf was fun for me because I followed a pattern and made something pretty, but it was also an easy enough pattern that I could memorize it and still watch tv or chat with friends while I knit. (Rather than having my head buried in a pattern the whole time.) She was made with 2 skeins of Reynolds Blizzard yarn on size 13 needles. Anyway, here it is!

what's my name?

I need to think of a cute name for it!

Okay, here's the part where I discuss whether I am actually finished with this FO. If you look closely at the ends of my scarf ... they do not look alike.

The left side (cast off) has a straight edge and the right side (cast on) is more curvy looking. So, my question for you expert knitters out there is: am I casting on or off too tightly or too loosely? (I dunno) Also, do you think blocking would help to remedy this issue? Thanks in advance for any and all advice! : )

6 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

my guess is that your cast on is kind of loose; your cast off looks fine. I think blocking could certainly help this issue - you could even just steam the cast on edge, pull it into place and see what happens. Hope that helps!

February 09, 2006 11:55 AM

 
Blogger Krysia said...

I don't know how to solve the problem, but I LOVE the scarf. It is gorgeous. Love the hardwood floors, too. I am jealous of your cabling and your floors.

February 09, 2006 12:06 PM

 
Blogger Autumn said...

nice of you to stop by my site :)

February 10, 2006 12:18 PM

 
Anonymous anne said...

Hmm... Did you bind off in pattern, or did you bind off as if to knit every stitch? Sometimes I find that binding off in pattern gives more flexibility (or curviness) to that edge. But I dunno.

February 10, 2006 12:58 PM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

I did bind off in pattern ...

February 10, 2006 1:04 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

I think blocking WOULD help.

That's the only advice I've got.

February 14, 2006 12:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home