A place for my knitting ramblings ...

2.14.2006

The Legwarmer Event

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and kind words on the cable knit scarf. I will probably attempt to block it at some point. But in the meantime, I have been wearing it ... 'cuz who is looking at the ends besides me???

On Friday, I made a last minute decision to enter the
Knitting Olympics. It wasn't really well thought out, but it sounded like fun. I chose legwarmers for my event. I had a late start (around 10:30pm Friday), which resulted in frustration and frogging. The pattern in LMKG called for 12" circular 8s. But I could not get that to work for a multitude of reasons. Now, I am not following a specific pattern, just kind of making it up as I go. So, my start was delayed even further by working all day Saturday and having plans Saturday night. Didn't get started on these babies until Sunday at 4pm. I am such a slow knitter ... I don't know if I will make it to the finish line.

progress after day 4

It was a big help that Mel planned a "knit night" for Monday evening. I did make some progress, but I am SO slow!

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Krysia said...

John Bingham, a runner, said, "The miracle is not that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." I think it applies to the Knitting Olympics, as well.

February 14, 2006 1:57 PM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

So glad you're having a knitting night now! good luck with your 'event' :-)

February 14, 2006 6:15 PM

 
Blogger The Knit Wit said...

Hey, just remember slow and steady wins the race! And bravo for being brave enough to try making up your own pattern.

February 15, 2006 9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home