A place for my knitting ramblings ...

2.21.2006

Oh yes it's ladies night

Friday Night Fun: Ruby, Mel, Barb & I went to see The Good Body starring Eve Ensler at the Music Hall in Detroit. It was great! I would say that I enjoyed it slightly less than The Vagina Monologues, but it was totally awesome to see Eve perform. She is an amazing woman - I really admire her! If it comes through your town .... check it out.

After the show, we went out for sangria & Cuban food at a new Detroit restaurant. Everything was delicious! I love hanging out with the girls ... acting ridiculous is the best medicine after a long work week. Thanks y'all!

Knit Night: Mel created a fabulous meal straight outta Rachel Ray's new magazine. Turkey & spinach meatballs with egg noodles and a creamy sauce (that is not the actual name) and a mocha souffle thingy with whipped cream and hot fudge sauce. Yum. Got some knitting done, too.

Knitting Olympics Progress Report: I have finished the first legwarmer! I finished it during Monday's Knit Night. The second legwarmer is on the needles and I have about 1.5 inches knit so far. I am honestly concerned about reaching the finish line.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mel said...

It was a great weekend! I'm surprised that the Turkey Meatballs turned out - plus the chocolate thing too! Won't do 2 Rachael Ray things in an evening --- Way too many dishes!

February 22, 2006 4:26 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

I totally want to try that restaurant now! I love sangria (but alas...no booze for me for a while).

Good luck with your Olympic project!

February 23, 2006 1:24 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Your girls night out sounds like it was great! Did you really see the vagina monologues?

February 23, 2006 1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home