A place for my knitting ramblings ...

3.29.2006

March PS FO

I am happy to say that my March Project Spectrum is complete. And I love how it goes with my purple coat! (Also, I need to say thank you to Libby for her guidance on this scarf)


YARN: Classic Elite Marl La in Pulitzer Pink
NEEDLES: US 19s
CO: 12 stitches
PATTERN: modified
My So Called Scarf
EXTRAS: added fringe

The other night, a friend was over for dinner ... he shall remain nameless since this story could cause him embarassment. I showed him my new scarf and he said that it was not practical. I showed him how nicely it matched my purple coat. He still didn't get it! I told him that he didn't know the half of it. And since he currently has a broken arm and is somewhat helpless, I decided to pull out every scarf I could find and wrap it around him or lay it across him. This picture actually doesn't do it justice, because so many are buried underneath the top layer. As you can see, he is mouthing off even as I take the picture. (sigh)

My next knitting project is on the needles. I am working on my first baby sweater! Using the Rowan green & yellow yarn that I bought a few weeks ago. The pattern is from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits for Beginners. It is a cute little v-neck cardigan! I will post progress pictures soon.

11 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

Gorgeous scarf! You knit it so fast - mine took ages. Good luck with the baby sweater...

March 29, 2006 11:00 PM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

Scarves are the MOST practical! Yours turned out so well! Love that color combo, and it looks great with the coat ;)

March 30, 2006 7:35 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

great scarf! i love the picture of your friend - that is a heck of a lot of scarves!

March 30, 2006 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

Ha ha! Take that, dude!

i love the scarf. Good work.

March 30, 2006 8:47 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I am definitely going to cast on for My So Called Scarf. Hope you will help me if I get totally confused (and it won't take much!). Love, love, love the colors.

April 01, 2006 8:38 AM

 
Anonymous may said...

it's so fun and funky! cute!

April 01, 2006 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Beautiful! Dare I say I hope we have a couple more weeks of cooler weather in Michigan so you can show it off?? :)

April 01, 2006 5:59 PM

 
Blogger Krysia said...

HA! I love tormenting people who don't appreciate good knitting. We need more of it I say!

April 03, 2006 3:57 PM

 
Blogger Libby said...

Great scarf. I love it.

April 07, 2006 5:51 PM

 
Blogger Momo said...

This is a great pattern that I have been meaning to try. I love the way that yours came out. Really unique!

April 10, 2006 11:05 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Oh man...I LOVE that scarf! Very original! The chunky-ness, the colors!

And the pic of the friend buried in scarves? Priceless.

April 15, 2006 11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home