A place for my knitting ramblings ...

3.09.2006

Ruffle me up

I was going to make extensive comments about the Project Runway finale, but I don't need to. Why? Because someone else has already said EXACTLY what I was thinking in their blog. Why reinvent the wheel? Read it here!

The Ruffles scarf is coming along. The pattern is easy to memorize, and it pretty darn cool how it turns into a rotini pasta shape!

What do you think about the way that the ruffles are falling together? No one else's seems to turn out that way. I don't know if I should have used a smaller needle or what the deal is!? I like it ... but I am perplexed!


Did you know that Dr. Seuss would have celebrated his 102nd birthday this year? Last night, I went to the Southfield Public Library for the opening of the Art of Dr. Seuss exhibit. It was really cool! The curator spoke about Seuss' early artwork from his advertising industry days and compared it to his children's book illustrations. Check out this super cool painting! I could easily be persuaded to spend $3000 for some Dr. Seuss artwork for my home. He was so damn cool!

4 Comments:

Blogger Krysia said...

I was thinking of you while knitting and watching a Project Runway marathon. The problem is I can never convince my husband that we should keep it on when he sits down. Loved the recap - thanks for the link.
The ruffle scarf looks really cool! I don't know enough about knitting to know why it is collapsing on itself, but it doesn't matter. It looks great!

March 10, 2006 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

The scarf is awesome. I think Dr. Seuss was extremely talented. I always loved reading his books to my children. And I would fix green eggs and ham on a rainy morning!

March 10, 2006 1:04 PM

 
Anonymous leetahl said...

Leetahl here. I will be moving to Chicago in July. I would like a scarf in order to stay warm there.

March 13, 2006 5:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what was written in the white card beside the Dr. Seuss "painting" you photographed at the Southfield Public Library.

Thanks,
Gary
gwarseneau@hotmail.com

March 25, 2006 11:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home