A place for my knitting ramblings ...

5.15.2006

April & May PS FO

I am proud to present my first sweater. : ) It took me a while, but I really enjoyed watching all the pieces come together. I really like the way it turned out ... the colors, the pattern, the buttons. Happy, happy, happy. I hope this keeps a lucky little boy very cozy!


v-neck cardigan

YARN: Rowan Handknit DK Cotton in Celery (MC) & Zing (CC)

PATTERN: V-Neck Cardigan with Contrast Ribs from Baby Knits for Beginners


The pattern called for "k2tog tbl," but I decided to use "ssk improved" instead. As you can see, it is still not a perfect match to the k2tog on the other side. Anyone have suggestions for what works best for matching decreases?


decrease detail

6 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

I think the sweater is perfect, just so adorable. I love knitting sweaters for babies and children.

May 16, 2006 12:51 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ohmygosh that is so cute!!! I love the color! and the buttons are definitely the cutest buttons ever.

May 16, 2006 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

It looks great, Kristin! well done.

I always just do ssk to match k2tog but I'm not sure it matches perfectly. I guess I never really thought about it much. I can be such a slacker knitter sometimes!

May 16, 2006 12:39 PM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

Such a sweet little cardigan! I think I have that same color of cotton in my stash...

May 19, 2006 8:10 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

It's a lovely sweater and those buttons are fantastic!

May 19, 2006 9:43 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

REALLY nice job on the sweater! Can't believe it's your first. And I totally want some buttons like that. Did you get them online by chance? :/

May 21, 2006 2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home