A place for my knitting ramblings ...

5.30.2006

Green

Green was everywhere I looked this month. Lolly chose the perfect color for May for Project Spectrum. I couldn't possibly capture every green thing that I saw, but here are a few.
pine is green leaf is green holly is green

Memorial Day was fantastic, weather-wise. It was in the 80s, even in northern Michigan, which is unusual for this time of year. Had lots of outdoor fun. Also, had some indoor fun when I taught my niece to knit. She was so proud of her new skills & so was I! What a cutie ...
knitting lesson

I love the ballband dishrags from Mason-Dixon Knitting that everyone is making. So, I jumped on the ball-bandwagon. It was fun and quick and oh-so cute! I have started a 2nd one in pink and green. I think I like the solid colors better, but here is another green FO.
mason*dixon project spectrum
Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream in Hot Green and Summer Splash

One more thing ... I made a new friend this weekend at Pond Hill Farm in Harbor Springs, Michigan. She had just gotten a haircut and loved to be scratched on the head. Pat had to tear me away from her.

sheep scratch

10 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

How cute is that niece? And yeah, I'm gonna be making some dishcloths too.

May 30, 2006 11:31 PM

 
Anonymous Kristin said...

Hi there!
I'm another knitting Kristin. You even spell it right! I saw your green photos on the PS site and then your dishcloth again at the MDK knitalong site. I love that dishcloth, the colors are perfect!

May 31, 2006 2:26 AM

 
Blogger Big Sky Mountain said...

I too am addicted to the MDK Book! Adorable pic of you and your niece.
Kim :)

May 31, 2006 6:08 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

your niece is adorable! How fun that you taught her to knit! And I love the sheep!

May 31, 2006 8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Kay said...

Summer Splash is my all-time favorite 'ombre'. I used every scrap of the ball I had! xox Kay

May 31, 2006 11:23 AM

 
Blogger Cristina said...

hi Kristin!
Thank you for joining the KAL ~ I love your ballband..aren't those fun to knit?!

Hey, I was wondering, where in Michigan do you live? I used to go to school in East Lansing (orginially from CA and back CA ~ but I LOVE michigan).

I'd like to go back to MI eventually....

Happy knitting!

May 31, 2006 12:45 PM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

Just following the rainbow! But yes, this was the perfect month for green! you captured some great photos ;)

It's great to see you are passing the knitting to the next generation!

May 31, 2006 3:51 PM

 
Blogger Miss McDermid said...

Go Emily Go! Keep knitting!

That's cool that you have taught another beginner...

Keep it up!

May 31, 2006 9:49 PM

 
Anonymous gale(she shoots sheep shots) said...

Hi Kristin-
Thanks for your note on my blog!
Love your washrag. I thought I'd never want to make one but they are such bright little treats.

June 02, 2006 7:14 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Thanks for the compliment on the patio! I can’t wait to get my BBQ on!

June 02, 2006 1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home