A place for my knitting ramblings ...

6.12.2006

Busy, busy, busy

This weekend was crazy busy, but lots of fun too. Got to hang out with friends, see my family, exercise, do a good deed, listen to some music, experience art and read my book in the sunshine. : ) Very nice indeed.
2006 race for the cureRuby, Mel, me & Michelle

The Detroit Festival of the Arts is always an awesome way to spend the day. We heard the DSO play. I bought a fun tile from Spalding Studio. One of my favorite attractions is the sand sculpture. The amount of detail is incredible. See?
sandscapesAmazing ...

Went yarn shopping at lunch today ... found some Lamb's Pride Bulky that is to my liking in Aztec Turquoise & Sapphire. Buttonhole Bag time! I am almost finished with the MDK bib ... just need to find a button and sew it on. Pictures of those projects soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Momo said...

Wow, that sand sculpture is amazing! Can't wait to see your bag. :-)

June 13, 2006 6:38 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

Aw - fun! I'm sad I missed it.

June 13, 2006 10:58 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

ok that sand sculpture is CRAZY.... but amazing!

June 13, 2006 5:46 PM

 
Anonymous gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Hi Kristin, Thanks for stopping by. The idea of teaching these guys to knit....I actually snorted. These are a bunch of teenage harbor rats. That they're asking for handknits is a good sign though. Baby steps....

Those sand scultpures are stunning, looks like fun to see!

June 13, 2006 10:53 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

The Race for the CURE! was tons of fun! THanks for organizing this!

June 14, 2006 10:02 PM

 
Blogger Darcy said...

Rock on, Race for the Cure! Your race conditions looked much better than ours were - it rained! :)

June 20, 2006 4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home