A place for my knitting ramblings ...

6.28.2006

Photo-licious

I have some pictures to share of my past few days.

1 2 3 GLOW!!!!!!!!

We went to the BalloonFest & got stuck in a major traffic jam on the way there. We missed the launch, which is what I was looking forward to seeing. So, we stayed for the Balloon Glow, which was very pretty.

beautiful tilework outside of the stadium

On Sunday, Pat & I went to a Tigers game (vs St Louis). We won, 4-1! : ) It was a beautiful day for a ballgame. I really love spending an afternoon in the ballpark. GO TIGERS!


And here is proof that I am an idiot! Ugh. I sat in the direct sun in a tank top with no sunscreen. Let's just say that this picture was taken more than 24 hours afterward. And today (3 days later) it is still very, very red. Hideous & really dumb!


I have a blue almost-FO to share. Here is a photo of a pre-felted buttonhole bag. The colors are not captured correctly, but you get the general idea. I enjoyed knitting this bag. It was easy and quick. The yarn is bulky to begin with and then you double it! Instant gratification, baby. I barely have had any time to knit in the past few weeks and I still finished it.

Tonight I put the bag in the washer for about 1.5 cycles. The felted fabric is dense and I don't think it shrunk very much. I feel like the finished bag will be a reasonable size, whereas my Sophie bags always feel a tad bit small.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mayarn said...

The baloons are beautiful! But that sunburn - yowza! I had one of those last summer so I feel your pain. Have you tried putting body butter on it? CVS has this after sun body butter (and a couple other brands that don't say after sun, but work just as well) and I think it works better than aloe. Hope you heal soon!

June 29, 2006 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

Wowzah - what a burn. I can feel that heat from here, girl. I was thinking that this would have been a good Project Spectrum red month - with all of the mosquito bites and sunburn in the summer!

Love the balloon picture! and that little buttonhole bag is adorable.

Pour on the aloe, girl, and I hope you feel better soon!

June 29, 2006 10:09 PM

 
Blogger Libby said...

Ouch! As a pasty midwestern girl, I feel your sunburned pain. It is impressive, but hey, we've all forgotten the sunscreen once or twice.
Lovely bag, great blues. Can't wait to see it felted.

June 29, 2006 10:12 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Ouch. Bad sunburn!

And I feel ya on the Sophie bags. They are a bit on the tiny side for me. I carry a lot of shit with me. The Sophies just sit in my drawer languishing away...

June 30, 2006 3:11 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

Wow, lovely balloon picture, Kristin! I feel your sunburn pain. My mom used to drop me off at the beach without sunscreen on. Can't wait to see your finished bag.

June 30, 2006 10:18 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

The baloon pic is beautiful! What a cool thing to get to see...

yeah... sunscreen is good. They make this really nice face sunscreen now that isn't so greasy - I think it's by coppertone? Not sure...

and your buttonhole bag is adorable. I love that pattern... so quick.. so fun. I've even made it as a clutch before by using a single strand and smaller needles.

June 30, 2006 10:49 AM

 
Anonymous leetahl said...

Leetahl here. The picture of you with the sunburn reminds me of "hot chest."

June 30, 2006 2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home