A place for my knitting ramblings ...

6.03.2006

Sweet little labels

I have looked online for lables to order for my hand knit gifts. I never find anything that I LOVE. So, I followed Grumperina's lead, I decided to make some custom labels. Her directions were clear and easy to follow and I ended up with a label that is very sweet.

custom label

I used my first label on my first baby sweater. I think that this gives the gift a whole new personal touch. : ) I am so pleased with the outcome!

It is June and that means blue! I need to figure out what I am doing for Project Spectrum this month. I am thinking of a buttonhole bag ... maybe. I have a ton of wool to use for felting projects, but none of it is bulky and that pattern calls for Lamb's Pride Bulky doubled. So, I don't think I should attempt it with my PCHW. I have plans to do some yarn shopping today, so we will see what I come up with.

13 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

Ooohh... so sweet.

June 03, 2006 11:48 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

So cute! Lucky little Evan...

June 03, 2006 12:43 PM

 
Blogger krisknits2 said...

I love the label and will have to try making my own soon. For the PCHW, why not try a Sophie bag from magknits?

June 03, 2006 4:37 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

that label is super cute!

June 03, 2006 10:02 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Oh my gosh.... that label is darling. you're so creative!

June 04, 2006 2:17 PM

 
Blogger Krysia said...

Oh my goodness, Kristin! Those are the cutest labels I have ever seen! It's also nice not having to announce, "I made it!" in order for people to realize it's a hand made gift.

June 05, 2006 3:53 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

Love these! You really did a great job! Can't wait to see Evan in the outfit --- maybe I'll make something other than these purses and I could put a cute lable in it. I know I could put a lable in the purse - but it just seems wasted - Maybe I'll make a "Kate Spade" looking lable for the front of the purses! :)

June 05, 2006 11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

I see I typed LABEL wrong---- geez - good thing I teach young children - table - label.. they rhyme!

June 05, 2006 11:28 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Oh those labels are cute. I may have to make some now...

June 06, 2006 10:48 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

that label is adorable! Thanks for the link to the tutorial - I will definitely be making some of these!

June 07, 2006 12:52 PM

 
Blogger Libby said...

So cute. You are motivating me to actually finish something so that I have a chance to make some labels.

June 07, 2006 10:41 PM

 
Anonymous gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Great label! Thanks for the link.

June 12, 2006 8:46 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

Great Label! the lamb is so cute. You're right, it does take personal touch to a new level.

June 13, 2006 6:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home