A place for my knitting ramblings ...

7.05.2006

July is here!

Back to reality ... after spending a long weekend up north with the family. We had beautiful weather and a fun time in Harbor Springs. Hung out at the pool, dipped my toes in Lake Michigan (freezing!), ate at a crazy "famous" Polish restarant called the Legs Inn, shopped, ate some ice cream, went to a parade, people-watched ... good old fashioned fun!

purple licorice
On one of our outings, I came across some beautiful handpainted yarn that will be perfect for purple Project Spectrum July. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it, though. It is about 560 yards of worsted weight merino wool. Any suggestions?

The flash on my Digital ELPH is not working. It has been bugging me for months. (I have only been able to take pictures with the flash turned off). Anyhow, I sent it to Canon to be fixed, so that I will have a working camera for my Europe trip (less than a month away!!). Supposedly, the camera will be returned to me within 7 business days. I hope that this goes smoothly.

blue buttonhole bag

I was finally able to borrow a camera to get a picture of my finished blue Buttonhole Bag!

9 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

Wow, that purple is lovely. It could certainly make a nice Clapotis...

July 05, 2006 11:35 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

The purple yarn is really beautiful.. perhaps a simple drop stitch scarf?

cute buttonhole bag, too btw... and cute flowers around it!

July 06, 2006 9:14 AM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

Gorgeous bag, gorgeous yarn. Clapotis sounds like a good idea...

I need to find some polish food around here - I miss pickle soup!

July 06, 2006 1:53 PM

 
Blogger Momo said...

I love your bag!!!!

Your July yarn is lovely, too. You might not have enough for a clapotis (especially if you wanted more repeats), but you have enough for a flower basket shawl ;-)

July 06, 2006 3:36 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

The bag looks perfect! Such nice colors. I MUST make one.....

July 06, 2006 11:59 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

love the buttonhole bag and the choice of colors for it is great!!
that purpley yarn is so pretty...can't wait to see what u make out of it!

July 09, 2006 9:13 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Ooh, so pretty with the flowers as a backdrop :)

July 10, 2006 12:09 AM

 
Blogger krisknits2 said...

I was going to say clapotis for the purple yarn too. It is so nice for a hand paint. I had about 400 yards and did 2 sets of increases. For 560 yds, I would do 3 sets.

July 10, 2006 9:28 PM

 
Blogger jenknits said...

I love your buttonhole bag. I just puchased some Manos to start one. Yours is gorgeous and so is the photo.

July 26, 2006 4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home