A place for my knitting ramblings ...

7.23.2006

July PS FO

My finished Project Spectrum for this month almost seems like cheating! I mean, it was super quick and easy and it barely seems purple (much more of a blue project). But anyhow, here it is. I love it and can't wait to wear it this fall.


purple point 5 scarf

I have been staring longingly at the Point 5 yarns in my LYSs since I started knitting, but it always seemed like more than I should spend. So, I ordered it from England and had it shipped here and it cut the cost in half. In. Half. People!

Yesterday was a fun-filled day. In the early afternoon, Mel, Barb and I went to the KMart HQ in Troy, MI. (As you may know they were headquartered here and they've merged with Sears and now they are in Chicago and it is all very sad to see a business leave your local area) Anyhow, they are selling everything (even the kitchen sink) in their former HQ ... art, desks, staplers, filing cabinets - you name it. A lot of the stuff was just crap and it was depressing. But there was also some crazy stuff, like an autographed Andy Warhol poster and some Asian pieces from the 18th century. I have worked in plenty of coporate offices and none of them had that kind of artwork. Check out this awesome quilt that you could bid on. Now there's a Project Spectrum!!!


sesame street quilt

In the late afternoon, Mel, Nancy, Kristin & I headed to the 47th Annual Ann Arbor Street Art Fair. It is huge! Good people watching and lots of neat-o art. And then Indian food for dinner at Shalimar. YUM!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

That quilt is great... and an andy warhol signed poster? I've never heard of an office that swanky. Love the scarf, too btw!

July 23, 2006 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Miss McDermid said...

It was great fun yesterday - glad you took a photo of the quilt - maybe we could get a TON of people together to bid on it! It's too cute!

July 23, 2006 2:22 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

your scarf is beautiful...makes u look fwd to cooler weather, eh? :)

July 23, 2006 6:14 PM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

Great scarf! You'll be loving that in about 3 or 4 months.

It's strange to be missing the art fair for the first time in many years. Hope you had fun there. :-)

July 24, 2006 9:31 AM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

Looks like I am not the only one waiting for fall/winter! That is a great scarf and will be so cozy in a few months! :)

July 25, 2006 7:36 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Beautiful quilt. I wonder who made it?

July 25, 2006 12:30 PM

 
Blogger Momo said...

Oooh! I love your scarf! Isn't it amazing that you can save money buying yarn overseas.

That wall quilt sure covers the spectrum!

July 27, 2006 2:28 PM

 
Blogger Buecher-undWollkistchen said...

What a wonderful scarve to wear in fall. I love the color.
Have a good time in Europe.

Kristin from Germany

July 30, 2006 9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home