A place for my knitting ramblings ...

7.15.2006

Purple?

This counts as purple, right? It actually may count as just about every color in the "spectrum" ... I have had this Point 5 yarn sitting in my room just waiting to be knit. The colorway is Gauguin (#100) & I think it is really beautiful.
purple-ish point 5
I toyed with a few different ideas for this yarn, but decided to keep it simple. Real simple. Knit, knit, knit. It will be a lovely garter stitch scarf, perfect for the fall. I am nowhere near ready for fall, but this scarf will be waiting for me when I am. Should be done with it in no time!

purple wavy petunia

I got my camera back from Canon & the flash works! I am so pleased with this development. I don't use the flash very often, actually I usually turn it off. But, the flash will come in handy on my trip. I am actually thinking about getting one of those fish-eye cameras to take along as well ... just for fun.

purple flower
I had fun taking pictures in the garden today. A lot of the purple flowers have already come and gone. I have no idea what this flower is called, but isn't it cool? I love the bottom ... it looks like a pineapple.

7 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Wow those flower pics are beautiful. That yarn lends well to a garter stitch scarf. Adds texture.

July 16, 2006 12:38 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

the yarn is gorgeous...pics too. I just started a wool scarf for fall too :)

July 16, 2006 8:55 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

That's going to be one glorious scarf! Yay for the return of the camera. Nice flower photots. :)

July 16, 2006 10:10 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

ohohoh that bottom plant is really cool!!! Yeah for having a camera again!

July 16, 2006 11:48 AM

 
Blogger Miss McDermid said...

Scarf looks great - I like that yarn too! :)
Button flower - is the pineapple one or that's the nickname the people told me when they gave it to me.

July 17, 2006 10:02 AM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

Even though it's wool, a scarf is a good project for the summer, I think. And I think that yarn counts as purple - it's purddy...

July 17, 2006 4:53 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I took your advice & watched "P.R." for the first time last night....you're right. It's pretty captivating.

July 18, 2006 8:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home