A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.29.2006

August PS FO

A whole different kind of FO this month. I am still working on that scarf. But there is no way that it will be finished in the next few days. The PS rules say we can do anything, so this is what I am counting for this month. I spent the past weekend and Monday night sitting at a table with my 300 photos, photo corners, scissors, a glue stick and a brand new black photo album with white pages.

Scrappin'

I didn't want it to be a super fancy & cutsie-style scrapbook, but I also didn't want to just slide my pictures in 4x6 slots. I collected a lot of things along the way - ticket stubs, brochures, business cards & subway maps - that I wanted to include. It took a long time, but it feels like a great accomplishment! I am really happy with how it turned out. And now when people ask to see my photos, they are ready to be seen. The idea of people with dirty fingers flipping through my stacks of pictures and getting them out of order .... I just can't handle it. Call me anal if you will, but it drives me to drink. : )

4 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

I've always had these grand idas of putting together a photo/scrapbook kind of thing like that, but I think it's just too much work for me.

Congrats to you for getting it done.

August 29, 2006 2:10 PM

 
Blogger Lolly said...

What a great project, Kristin!! I love how you made your August project something completely unique. A beautiful album that you can enjoy for decades. (I hope it is acid-free and lignen-free!)

Maybe you should be an archivist - so similar to librarian! I spend so many hours going through old photographs and arranging them just so grubby fingers don't mess them up ;)

August 29, 2006 2:23 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm the same way with photographs! I hate it when anyone else touches them b/c they always end up out of order... I have to have them in an album before anyone is allowed to see them.

Your scrapbook/photo album will be such a nice memento of your trip!

August 29, 2006 4:26 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

You are so organized. My photos are in shoe boxes.

August 30, 2006 4:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home