A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.18.2006

Eff the D C


It makes for a long week when you come back from a trip. I am happy that it is Friday. Tonight, I am hanging out with some friends and going to see a band. Should be fun!

For the rest of the weekend, I will be trying (with all my might) to avoid an event that is unfortunately taking place right down the street. Ok - Detroit ... the Motor City, right? I get it. But every summer, all summer long people enjoy "cruising" on Woodward Avenue. And those who are not cruising enjoy pulling out their lawn chairs and sitting in parking lots along Woodward to watch the cruising. Now, I am all for having fun and doing what you like. But this is absolutely pathetic. And during the 3rd week of August, we get to experience the "actual event" which is called the Woodward Dream Cruise. This event causes extreme amounts of rage in me, as 16 miles of a major road are a bumper to bumper traffic jam for days before and during the event. I cannot stand it. If I didn't just get back from a trip, I would scoot out of town - and fast. I needed to get that off my chest - thanks!

I hope to post more pictures of my trip soon. Here are a few, just for fun! My trip in B & W ...

vatican museums
three coins in the fountain
riding on the metro-o-o

8 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

it sounds truly horrifying & I feel for you...your trip however, looks fantastic !

August 18, 2006 9:25 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I go nuts in traffic.... I guess that's why I always have knitting in my car.

August 19, 2006 4:14 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

I always hated the dream cruise too. I think I managed to get out of town that weekend most of the years I lived off of woodward.

Your trip looks amazing!

August 19, 2006 1:26 PM

 
Blogger Larjmarj said...

Great pictures and the trip sounds awesome. I know what you mean about the cruise, they have a smaller one downriver and I always dread it. Every drunk mullet wearing yahoo from a 50 mile radius shows up to stagger around and cause trouble. Thank you for your kind words on my blog.

August 20, 2006 10:37 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Beautiful pics!!! I love the one of the fountain at night!!!

August 20, 2006 4:30 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

love love love the black and whites!!! keep 'em comin'!

August 21, 2006 7:19 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

btw - just noticed your finished objects section and had to comment...the black legwarmers are great, but those kitty shoes are ADORABLE! i'm not even a cat person, but those are just TOO CUTE!

August 21, 2006 7:21 AM

 
Blogger Barrie said...

yes, i think i successfully avoided the dream cruise as well. actually i think mayarn and i went camping and then to the fiber fest in southern michigan last year. super fun!

but while getting last minute camping supplies, i remember we totally got stuck in the traffic and man, all the exhaust fumes nearly killed us.

i'm glad people are speaking out. what these dream cruisers need to do is see An Inconvient Truth and trade in those gas guzzlers for some hybrids.

September 05, 2006 7:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home