A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.22.2006

Traveled down the road and back again ...

Okay ... so not to go on & on about the Dream Cruise, but I had to share this photo . See? I am not the only one who hates the Dream Cruise. ; )


Hmmm ... life is weird lately. There's lots of good (work, travel, friends) and some not so good things going on (maybe I will get to those in another post). I have to say that without my awesome friends - life wouldn't be nearly as good. I am just saying ... remember to thank your friends for being super fantastic! I feel like singing the "Golden Girls" theme song right now. Here is a picture from our fun, ridiculous, silly, drunken & fantastic night out. Here's to getting home at 4am!

Here's to good ideas!



I have not forgotten ... this is a knitting blog. And after being home for a week, I finally pulled out the knitting again. And if Stacey is reading this - I know you are going to make fun of me ... because I still haven't finished this scarf.

slowly slowly said the sloth

Yes, I did start it in November of '05 & I really want to finish it. When I joined Project Spectrum, I figured this would be a perfect project to work on for the month of August (neutrals). It takes me forever to make any progress though - with all those short rows. I am thinking it is not likely that it will be completed before the end of the month. But I am working on it.

7 Comments:

Blogger mayarn said...

Whatever's going on, I hope it gets better soon! And i hope you finish that scarf this month--it's perfect for the fall. :-)

August 23, 2006 9:53 AM

 
Blogger ljmax said...

Hello from a fellow Detroit area knitter (saw you on MD KAL) and someone else who doesn't get the Dream Cruise!

August 23, 2006 2:37 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

that scarf looks very cool and time consuming...good luck w/ the neutral progress!

cute pic from girls night...and ur wearing the same shirt from ur "about me" pic on the blog haha - cute shirt! :)

August 23, 2006 10:21 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

ooooh,neato scarf!

August 24, 2006 9:59 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Although it is a knitting blog, knitting and drinking go hand in hand. So we love to hear about your drinking adventures!

August 25, 2006 8:34 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

hi again! thx for your comments...the cabled scarf is EZ and fun. Plus the lovely pattern is free!

http://www.helloyarn.com/besottedcarf.htm

I had never tried cables & just dove in when i started the scarf...the scarf you are working on looks trickier to me.

August 25, 2006 9:46 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

I'm not making fun....I'm sure I have a few projects around here that are as old as that one that I haven't fessed up to :)

August 29, 2006 2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home