A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.22.2006

Be a man. Don't be a guy.

Thanks for the props on the girly bib! I appreciate the support - for real. I actually think it was a hit. Everyone seemed to like it. Perhaps they were so distracted by the awesome ballband pattern, so they didn't see the crazy pink & green! : ) In the meantime, I haven't knit a stitch. I am not feeling inspired lately. Perhaps I should get started on some holiday knitting. Or work on that damn scarf. I just don't feel like it!

On another note, I must clarify something. It seems as though a few people read my last post and came to the conclusion that I had never seen Say Anything. I re-read what I wrote and I can totally see how you might think that. But no need to worry my friends, I have seen it (many times at that!) and I love it just as much as the rest of you do! Between Lloyd Dobler and Jake Ryan, I think I may be permanently damaged when it comes to having a successful relationship with a real man. I mean, no one can truly live up to the standards that were set by those two. Check out these articles from the Washington Post on Jake & Lloyd.

4 Comments:

Blogger mayarn said...

Those articles made my day. Thank you!!!

September 22, 2006 11:04 AM

 
Anonymous anne said...

I will definitely use those articles if I get to teach my "teen movies" class this spring. In the meantime, can you IMAGINE Lloyd Dobler played by Kirk Cameron? Not.the.same.

September 22, 2006 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh Lloyd how I love you!!!

September 22, 2006 1:26 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

I just read both those articles and had a little chat with Randy about how there was no way Kirk Cameron could have pulled off Lloyd Dobler. It just would have been soooo different. Kirk Cameron in a Clash t-shirt and a trench coat? Never.

September 23, 2006 3:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home