A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.14.2006

BIB-bidi bobbidi boo

I have a baby shower to go to on Friday night, so I have been trying to squeeze in some knitting this week. I made a boyish bib a few months ago with no particular baby in mind. And then I found out that a co-worker was having twins, a boy and a girl ... so I decided to make a girlish bib. This thing is so bright pink and green - it is almost hard to look at. I love it, but I am not so sure that it is going to be the mom's taste. As you can see, I took the ballband pattern and added some straps and a cute little daisy button.

girly bib

Pattern: Modified Ballband Dishcloth + straps
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream
Needles: US 7s

Other than that, I have been keeping busy and having fun:

Basically trying to keep busy and enjoy life as much as possible while the fun lasts. Life is crazy in good and bad ways. I hope the good prevails over the bad.

12 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

Wow, I can't believe you hadn't seen Say Anything, the movie that seemed to shape an entire generation of girls' expectations of romantic dedication, and inevitably left us all semi-disappointed by real life. Sigh. :)

September 15, 2006 9:05 AM

 
Blogger kristinknits said...

I have seen it ... a million times ... I just needed to watch it again! : )

September 15, 2006 9:07 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

ooooh that bib is adorable! I'm sure the mom will love it. That ball band pattern is so addictive.

September 15, 2006 9:10 AM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

So freakin' cute! Even if it is a little crazy on the eyes. :-) I hope she likes it.

September 15, 2006 9:49 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Who wouldn't love that bib? Adorable! Plus, I'll bet the ball band stitch is a nifty food catcher...

Sorry to hear about the "bad crazy"...I hope things smooth out for you.

September 15, 2006 6:32 PM

 
Blogger MJ said...

Love the bib!! It is TOO CUTE!! and the daisy button is just the right touch!!

September 15, 2006 7:18 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Ha! Love that picture of Wilco. Or Jeff, I should say. But really now, he IS Wilco ;)

And how is it that you hadn't seen Say Anything till now?! Eh, it's ok. I'm sure there are a ton of movies that everyone else sees as "standards" but I still haven't seen.

September 16, 2006 10:38 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

omgosh - that bib is too stinkin' cute! i made a couple plain ones (not the ballband pattern...just garter stitch) and have yet to find the perfect buttons!).

September 17, 2006 9:11 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

Wow, that bib is awesome!

September 18, 2006 7:49 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

The mom will love the bib! No doubt! And I'm sure baby will look adorable in it!

September 18, 2006 8:41 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Hi there! Don't know if you've seen this KAL http://fallcable2006.blogspot.com/

I know you wanted to do some cabling, so hop on board!

Mel

September 21, 2006 8:10 PM

 
Blogger Diva said...

How do you split for the straps.. Have you written up a pattern for that yet. I have the ballband pattern not sure how you do the straps. Thanks

February 16, 2009 2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home