A place for my knitting ramblings ...

9.07.2006

Trippy

Wow - what a trip down memory lane. I had not been back to my old neighborhood in 16 years. Driving down my street was such a weird, trippy experience. It was so great to see Nadine and Noela and Nadine's parents. Aside from the baby being there, I kind of felt like we were back in 8th grade. Sitting on the bedroom floor, looking at old photos, laughing our asses off and gossiping, going to the mall, eating Yogen Fruz, buying candy at the Hasty Market and renting movies. Good times! : )


After a 2.5 hour delay trying to cross the bridge back into Michigan, I decided to head to Detroit to the JazzFest. Saw Dr. John and then went to the Buzz Bar. More good times. So even though I was out of town for the weekend, I still managed to fit in both music festivals going on. Gotta love holiday weekends!

Do I still knit, you ask? Not a whole heck of a lot lately ... I must admit. I am working on a bib for a baby shower next weekend. I think I am just having way too much fun trying to squeeze a whole summer's worth of good times into these last few weeks before fall. Soon enough it'll be full on knitting weather, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

I hardly knit at all these days either, so I don't hold it against you! :) Winter is long, and we'll be feeling wooly soon enough.

September 08, 2006 1:04 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm in the same place you are with the knitting - finishing up a few summer things but not really ready to start anything for fall yet so not really knitting much. Eh. By October I'll be back into the wool, I'm sure!

Sounds like you had a great weekend - and that is a very cute baby!

September 08, 2006 1:14 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

sounds like a great time...my best friend of 30+ years (yikes!!) & I still have great, childhood-like times too, especially when we go home to visit her parents. It's neat.

My recent lack of knitting is pathetic, so it must be contagious.

September 08, 2006 10:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home