A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.07.2006

Adventures in awesome-ness

These have been a fantastic few days for a Detroit Tigers fan (that's me!). First we beat the frickin' New York Yankees in NYC. Then we beat the frickin' New York Yankees 6-0. And today, we beat the frickin' New York Yankees 8-3 ... moving us onto the American League Championship Series. Absolutely awesome! Bless You Boys!


Speaking of awesome, 7 of us went to see David Sedaris on Thursday night. He is so hilarious. We were cracking up the whole time. So. Much. Fun. If he's coming to a town near you, I highly recommend!

Friday night, I went to see Wilco. Also awesome! Here is a link to the set list, if you care. Some of the highlights were: War on War, Shot in the Arm, Heavy Metal Drummer, Late Greats, I am Trying to Break Your Heart, I'm the Man Who Loves You. It was all great! Hooray for Jeff Tweedy ... who is dreamy. YAY for concerts ... one of my favorite things in the world.

i assassin down the avenue

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

That's right...see you later Derek Jeter!

October 08, 2006 12:49 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Crap...I think I'm going to be out of town the days that Sedaris will be here. I totally forgot about that.

And I love that you called Jeff Tweedy "dreamy". I think he's dreamy too....in a totally off-beat sort of way. I think I posted my favorite picture of him a while back on my blog. He looks so cute. I just want to give him a hug.
My sister thinks he looks like a troll. Hee hee.

October 09, 2006 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Miss McDermid said...

LOVE THE TIGERS PIC!!!!

GO TIGERS!

GO D-TOWN!!!

October 09, 2006 7:10 PM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

Good times!

We caught the very end of the tiger's game on TV up in Lake Placid and it was pretty dern exciting!

October 09, 2006 10:29 PM

 
Anonymous anne said...

Ooh, I agree about Tweedy? Have you seen the Wilco documentary? The sweetest part is when he's teaching his son "Heavy Metal Drummer" on the tour bus.

October 10, 2006 1:18 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ha! as an Indians fan I HATE the Yankees... and to see them get their arses kicked by a small market team.... It's just wonderful. Go Tigers!

October 11, 2006 4:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home