A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.30.2006

Happy Halloween

Pumpkins have been carved. Pumpkin seeds have been toasted. Yum! My dad & I always toasted the pumpkins seeds together when I was a kid. So easy & so darn tasty!

toasted pumpkin seeds

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the blog and left comments on my hat. : ) So, so nice of you! Just a bit more hat chat:

* This was my first adult hat & I love this pattern! I have already recommended it to a few people. And my night knit gals passed it around and said they want to make one, too.

* BEWARE! The pattern came from One Skein ... but it took me more than one skein to complete it. (I did use a different yarn, but it had the same yards & grams as the suggested yarn.) If you make one, plan on about a skein + 1/3.

* Initially, I was concerned by the lack of decreases. However, once I figured out what I was supposed to do on the top of the hat to make it look hatty - it was smooth sailing.

* I will probably make more of these hats, but mine is a tad bit big. So, I will likely subtract a few stitches on future ACHs.

* I am digging the cables these days and Mel told me about the Fall Cable KAL. Thanks! So, now I would like to use the additional skein + 2/3 to make either cable mittens or a cable scarf to match the hat. Any suggestions?

pumpkins 06

I hope that you have a wonderful & happy Halloween! I am bummed - I have to work the late shift at the library, so by the time I get home all the trick or treaters will be back at their houses sorting candy into piles.

5 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

Same thing with me and the hat. Slightly more than one skein...but also a bit big on me. If I had scaled it down, would I have gotten away with one skein? Maybe....

October 31, 2006 1:04 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

happy halloween, kristin - sorry that you'll miss the trick-or-treaters, though : (
thx for linking the cable kal...i'm working on my irish hiking scarf right now so i think i might join : )

October 31, 2006 6:21 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

happy halloween! and I totally was the kid who sorted the candy into piles...

October 31, 2006 9:09 AM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

happy halloween!

October 31, 2006 11:53 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I hope some happy tricker treaters stop in at the library.

November 04, 2006 10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home