A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.01.2006

Moments!

Another fun weekend ... we had Book Club on Friday - I didn't read, but I enjoyed the wine and snacks and socializing. I felt really guilty about not reading ... sorry Barb!

we love thy shadows

On Saturday, Ruby & I headed to East Lansing for the Michigan State Homecoming game. We lost, but we had a blast remembering all the fun times we had in the dorms and beyond. So glad that I lived in Yakeley and met some of my best friends ever there. Also had yummy Mexican food at El Azteco!


At night, a group of us went out to see the Mega 80s. So many ridiculous moments occured and many Mandarin Absoluts with cranberry juice were consumed! As usual, awesome memories were made. I turned 32 at midnight ... can you believe it? I can't. Here is a photo of me enjoying my last few moments as a 31 year old. Ha!

still thirty one

And today, the rain finally went away! A beautiful fall day - sunny blue sky, just a little bit chilly (but still warm enough for flip flops) ... a perfect day for the cider mill. We went to Yates Cider Mill in Rochester, Michigan. They have super yummy cider and the BEST damn cinnamon donuts ever (tons of cinnamon and sugar on the outside of a still warm & soft donut).

mmmm ... donuts

This week is going to be crazy ... David Sedaris & Wilco. I am so excited! Life is not half bad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

sounds like a great weekend!

October 01, 2006 9:24 PM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

happy birthday! glad you had fun...

October 01, 2006 11:07 PM

 
Anonymous anne said...

Happy birthday! In that picture, are you commemorating your age or the number of cocktails? :)

October 01, 2006 11:16 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy birthday! And wonderful drink choice - although I'm more of a citron girl ;-)

October 02, 2006 9:09 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Happy Birthday! Your weekend sounds super fun. I love Michigan..I have had 2 extremely fun vacations there. You just don't get anything cozy like a cider mill that serves doughnuts here in SoCal....

October 02, 2006 10:10 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Damn...Wilco AND Sedaris in the same week? How awesome.

October 05, 2006 1:54 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Happy birthday you Michigan lady you!

We have a good cider mill over here too. When we went for donuts and such a couple years ago, I witnessed the kitchen staff shoveling giant blocks of lard into the fryer. No wonder the donuts were so tasty!

My friend from C***son just moved to Seattle by the way. I'm sure he never had the guts to introduce himself when he was in the library.

(***not spelled out for your privacy)

October 06, 2006 2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home