A place for my knitting ramblings ...

10.12.2006

Proof

I do knit. I swear to God, I do. Admittedly, not much lately. But I do knit, nonetheless. See?

proof

I started the Assymetrical Cable Hat from One Skein. It is a fun pattern - easy to follow. I am making the woman's size and I am worried that it is going to be too big. The pattern calls for a chunky weight yarn (such as Rowan Polar). I am using Rowan Chunky Print in Shriek (081), which I thought would be just right.

Anyhow, it does feel good to have the yarn and needles back in hand. I needed a project that I could get excited about. This one seems to be working for me so far. I am a slight bit concerned with the knitting a tube and then sewing the corners together thing. No decreases? Hmmm ... what do I know?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

how funny...i was just looking at that book last night and thought i might like to make that hat...can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

October 13, 2006 6:33 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Glad to hear you’re still knitting… although your blog is fun to read even without knitting content! Looks like you’ve found the perfect quick’n happy project… love that yarn by the way.

October 13, 2006 1:57 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

I didn't even realize till the end that there were no decreases. (I almost never read patterns all the way through. I know, it's bad. Maybe that's why I have to rip so often???! Ha ha)

Anyway, mine is a little big for me, I even took out a few stitches, but that's probably because I used bulky instead of chunky. I whipped mine out in less than a week though, so if I really was unsatisfied, i suppose I could rip and re-do. But I don't want to. Fuck it.

October 14, 2006 12:14 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Looks good so far...the no decreases sounds interesting.

Re: vacations in MI - a close friend was txfr'd to Ann Arbor for a job & I visited him a couple of times. We went all over MI & it was great. Every meal was good, everything was beautiful, I got great deals in antique stores, the people were nice...I totally loved it there. Plus, he bought the cutest house for under 100K which was mind-boggling.

My husband grew up close by in rural IN, a place I do not love & cannot imagine living under any circumstances. In comparison, MI was like a little jewel.

October 15, 2006 11:06 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

What a darling picture!!! You always look like you're having fun!

October 20, 2006 8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home