A place for my knitting ramblings ...

11.05.2006

Highlights

I whipped up another ballband this week. A few months ago, I bought a ton of yarn on sale at Michael's. I think the cost was $1/ball - or something insane. I couldn't resist. Just as I cannot resist knitting up these fun little warsh rags. Is it just me, or does this one resemble a pack of highlighters? Hee hee.

ballband highlighter

It was a fun and busy weekend. Got to hang out with a newborn baby (only 12 days old and so tiny). Saw a good friend from high school and her one year-old daughter (so adorable it is unreal). Hung out with Ruby & Karen on Saturday night at the Bronx Bar and rounded out the evening morning at a little house party in Ferndale. Love it!

Went on a 7 hour shopping spree today with my sister. We started out at IKEA (new scrub brush pictured above), then went to Joann Fabrics and ended the trip at Target. I used restraint, people! I tried to stick to the needs and necessities. Although, I must admit I gave in to temptation in the wrapping paper department. But, I got my Christmas shopping started! And I did all this on 4 hours sleep.

Note to self: VOTE on Tuesday! Most things are a no brainer for me in this upcoming election, such as governor or the outrageous proposal to establish a hunting season for mourning doves (c'mon ... seriously!). But I do need to hunker down on Monday night and figure out MSU Board of Trustees and judges. That kind of stuff always throws me for a loop.

6 Comments:

Anonymous anne said...

Oh, I love those dishcloth colors! I've been hoping to get around to making some of those for Xmas gifts - I will definitely come back to this post for inspiration.

November 06, 2006 7:13 AM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

I have lots of kitchen cotton laying around; I will have to try this addictive pattern someday!

November 06, 2006 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

very cute high-lighter ballband! and good for you for the restraint... i lose all self-control as soon as I walk in the door of an Ikea.

November 06, 2006 11:48 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Wow! You certainly had an action packed day on just four hours of sleep..... I won't forget to vote!

November 06, 2006 8:38 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Highighters, yes...also Skittles. That is an extremely cute ballband. I'm working on another one too.

I shall be voting tomorrow to NOT re-elect The Terminator as my govenor :)

November 06, 2006 10:52 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

love the warshrag...very high-lighty, indeed!

November 07, 2006 8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home