A place for my knitting ramblings ...

11.21.2006

Kicking off the holidays

Thanks to everyone who shared their favorite picture books! WOW! Such a variety. It was amazing. I am excited to see if my library owns some of the unfamiliar (to me) titles, if not perhaps I will do an interloan to see what it is all about! It's nice to see people so excited about children's literature.

Mel & I went to the Fox Theatre in Detroit last night with my fam to kick off the holidays. We saw Irving Berlin's White Christmas. It was an entertaining evening, for sure. The Fox is an old movie palace from the 20s ... it is absolutely gorgeous. This photo doesn't even begin to do justice to the beauty of the theatre.

foxy

I tried to get a photo of my current knitting project, but it just didn't work out. Close your eyes and visualize ... black yarn, circular needles, knitting, purling, cabling. OK thanks - maybe next time I'll have a picture.

It is so nice to have a short work week for the holiday. I am looking forward to spending more time with the fam and to getting some shopping done on my days off. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kristin!

November 22, 2006 5:58 AM

 
Blogger stacey said...

Uhmmm...is the latest knitting another ACH? ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 22, 2006 11:39 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

and the Fox theater is Fabulous! I went there to see the Nutcracker a few years ago with my mom - we take a road trip every year somewhere different to see it - and I have to say that the Fox is my fav theater that we've been in so far!

November 23, 2006 12:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home