A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.11.2006

Gotta love a road trip!

Life has been fun as of late. Many little roadtrips happening. In the past 3 weeks I have visited Ann Arbor, East Lansing, Lansing (a seperate trip), Battle Creek & Kalamazoo. Things I have learned along the way:
  • When the weather is right, a long walk can be quite delightful
  • East Lansing is a much better place to visit in the fall, spring or summer! So. Cold.
  • The capitol city looks very lovely at night
  • Yummy food and the music of David Byrne are possible in K-Zoo
  • Downtown Battle Creek smells like Froot Loops!

i heart froot loops

Okay - I didn't learn anything monumental. But I had fun and enjoyed some Michigan cities outside of the D. And that is definitely a good thing.

Knitting, on the other hand, hasn't been going so well for me. I am really trying to use this Marl La yarn to create a fun Christmas present. But, no. I will be frogging my latest creation. I have 2 hanks and I am sure something will work out. But with the current # of stitches and ribbing - there is no way that it'll make a long enough scarf for an adult! Bah.

4 Comments:

Blogger trixie stix said...

Sounds like some great trips! Hope you really enjoyed Battle Creek. I am partial to it.

December 11, 2006 10:31 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

lol on the fruit loop city ;)

December 12, 2006 6:11 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah for road trips!!!

December 13, 2006 11:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cereal City never looked SO good!

December 14, 2006 8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home