A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.21.2006

Happy Christmas!

Christmas is less than 4 days away. I cannot believe it. I am trying really hard to get in the spirit. But it is really hard when it is unseasonably warm and there is not a snow flake in sight. I could honestly get really bummed out about it. Here are some things that are keeping the holiday spirit within reach:

  • hung out with my niece & nephews - caught a glimpse of Christmas through their eyes. so incredibly exciting!
  • watched A Charlie Brown Christmas with a boy who I think is the most!
  • paid for a portion of a random man's newspaper at Starbucks this morning because he didn't have enough change (random acts of kindness, right Mel?)
  • checked out the Christmas lights display in the town I grew up in

I'm not totally there yet. But I am sure that it will be a wonderful holiday spent with my lovely friends & family! Happy Christmas to you & yours!

8 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

That light display is super cute :)

Merry Christmas Kristin!

December 22, 2006 12:49 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

ooooh...purdy!
wtg on the random act of kindness!

happy holidays, girlie!

December 22, 2006 6:08 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

I know what you mean. Yesterday it was so warm here that I was hanging outside with just two long sleeve shirts. Incredible.

Love the lights and the picture. Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2006 7:15 AM

 
Blogger Mayarn said...

those lights are great! Where is that?

I'm bummed that I'm coming back to Michigan only to have more of the same warm weather we are having here. :-( harumph.

Merry Christmas!

December 22, 2006 9:27 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I totally agree with the lack of Christmas spirit b/c of lack of Christmas weather thing! Where's the snow??? And the worst part is that we're so going to be paying for it when it storms in April... silly weather!

Have a very Merry (although not so white) Christmas!

December 22, 2006 9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Melissa said...

Love that you completed a RAK! Wish everyone did - especially drivers at malls or in parking structures - or how about Westborn Market yesterday! I totally would have loved it there!

Merry Christmas Knitters!

December 23, 2006 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Thx Kristin! Merry Christmas to you too...even with the bizarre weather. We had a dry wind storm here yeterday. Nothin' Christmasey bout that!

December 23, 2006 4:20 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas! Happy New Year!

December 31, 2006 2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home