A place for my knitting ramblings ...

12.05.2006

Meet Doug

Douglas Fir, that is.
TREE HUGGER!

Mel & I went to get our Christmas tree last night. It had been snowing all day (finally), so it was the perfect night for such an event. We always go to the same place. The 1st time we went there, we found a bird's nest in our tree. Someone told us that was good luck. I don't know about that, but I loved it! And the awesome guy at the tree lot remembers us. It is so nice & it makes me happy! There is something old fashioned and wonderful about it. So, now I am in the holiday spirit.

this year's Christmas card photo

We brought the tree into the house. Perhaps tonight Doug will get some bling. : ) In the meantime, I am enjoying the fabulous smell of Christmas tree all through the house.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

love that u named ur tree...do u do that every year? i have friends who get kegs all summer and name each one in the same manner that the hurricanes are named...a name for a boy, then b name for a girl, c name for a boy and so on. anyway, what a fun idea that would be to name ur trees every year : )

December 05, 2006 7:51 PM

 
Anonymous Paula McDermid said...

Tree looks great and so does the helper!

December 06, 2006 5:41 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I like the naming idea, too! And really, there's nothing like a fresh tree... Perhaps tonight we'll bring home a doug of our own!

December 07, 2006 9:40 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

I heart christmas trees! I can almost smell yours...A bird's nest! How suprising and what a good couple's story it makes.

December 07, 2006 3:55 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Do those trees have REAL snow on them? I'm telling you, I'm moving to MI!

December 08, 2006 10:22 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

A pine tree is the sweet smell of Christmas!

December 10, 2006 2:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home