A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.10.2007

Red Scarf Project

I have decided to knit a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. This is an awesome program through the Orphan Foundation of America. A few simple steps: knit a red scarf, send it to the foundation in January, and the scarf is given to a college-bound foster youth for Valentine's Day.



This is perfect! I love knitting scarves. I can use up some of my stash. I can help to keep someone warm & cozy this winter. Win-win situation! Scarves are only accepted during the month of January, due to limited storage space. I started mine tonight and need to make sure I finish it up in the next 2 weeks, so that it is in the mail and arrives before the deadline.

4 Comments:

Anonymous mattc said...

SPLENDID! Get your knit on and make someone happy!

January 10, 2007 9:39 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

i sooo want to participate in this but have no time :((( i'm working on two gifts that i want to finish this weekend and then i start my very first college class ever on tuesday, so i have no idea if i'll still have knitting time...just taking an english, but i stress out easy, so i can't commit to anything other than school til i know how it's gonna go.

good for you for charity knitting and i can't wait to see what your scarf ends up lookin' like! : )

January 11, 2007 10:49 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah for charity knitting!!! What a great thing to be doing... I can't wait to see your red scarf.

have a great weekend!

January 12, 2007 10:27 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

What a wonderful project!!!!

January 14, 2007 7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home