A place for my knitting ramblings ...

1.16.2007

W I N T E R

Winter seems to have FINALLY arrived in Southeastern Michigan. Lots of ice and a little bit of snow. The poor trees are coated with ice. You can hear them creaking and cracking when the wind blows. And all over town there are huge branches that have fallen down. YIKES!

poor tree!

I really want to go skiing this season, so I hope we get some more snow. The ice, I can do without.

Last night was Knit Night. We watched the Golden Globes and knit. It has been a while and it felt good to be back in the game. Red Scarf Project is coming along nicely. I am about half way done, I'd say. It is just a simple seed stitch scarf - but I think it has a nice texture and will be very warm! Pictures soon ...

9 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

That's a great picture - and I totally agree... yes to snow... boo to ice! It's been snowing here all day, actually - I think we missed the icestorm that hit Detroit, luckily!

January 16, 2007 11:38 AM

 
Blogger mayarn said...

I wish we would get some real winter over here. It's cold, sort of, but that's really not good enough...

January 16, 2007 1:39 PM

 
Anonymous Mel said...

It looks so pretty outside my classroom! Loved knitting with ya last night! caio!

January 16, 2007 1:55 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

The ice storms are out of control.... just too many. Everytime I hear a tree covered in ice creaking and a limb breaking, I think it sounds like a bone breaking. It always saddens me.

January 18, 2007 5:37 PM

 
Anonymous jennifer said...

can't wait to see pics of the scarf : )

January 19, 2007 6:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Kristin, I am responding. Love the picture! Despite the negatives, I think the ice was so pretty! Loved knit night and it was great to have all four of us again. Keep me posted on any future knit projects like the scarf one. I like to knit, but have run out of ideas. See you next knit night :) Nancy

January 19, 2007 11:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Picture! It iced where I live in NY, too. Definitely brought in winter this week.

Can't wait to see your scarf!

January 21, 2007 8:54 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

that picture is wild...is it real? It looks like a wood block print.

January 22, 2007 11:39 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Hi again! Do you know how to use the "new" blogger???? I can't get it to to work!!
my e-mail is melbender2002@yahoo.com if you have any advice. Thx Kristin!

January 23, 2007 9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home