A place for my knitting ramblings ...

4.10.2007

Extra-super amazingly cute

I had a knitting program at the library for kids last weekend. I forgot to take pictures, but it was a lot of fun. We taught 15 boys & girls how to knit. It was really tough. We had 4 adults in the room, but I think that we could have used more. Most of the kids needed a lot of support ... obviously. The project was a knitted bookmark with some beads to embellish. They used Lambs Pride Bulky yarn in a variety of beautiful colors! The good news is that I have heard feedback from some of the kid's parents that they are still knitting at home. YAY!


Have I mentioned that Matt knows how to knit? Is that not the best thing ever? I did not teach him, he already knew how (he taught himself to knit in grad school)! Super DREAMY! And he was one of my volunteer adult helpers in the knitting program - extra-super amazingly cute! Sigh ...


Matt & I decided that we would like to knit some baby gifts for a friend. Matt is working on a bib and I am making a hat. I found a pattern in Knitting for Peace and couldn't resist it. Here's what I have so far:

11 Comments:

Blogger trixie stix said...

Super-duper cute hat. Please show photos when complete.

Wow, teaching kids to knit (fun) and a man that knits with you (indescribably fun). Very lucky you.

PS ~ thanks for the compliment about my socks. :-)

April 10, 2007 2:53 PM

 
Anonymous Mayarn said...

that hat is super cute! And how awesome is it that your boy knits? Too cute.

April 10, 2007 2:59 PM

 
Blogger stacey said...

*gasp* that hat is adorable!! And Matt knits? Hot.

April 11, 2007 12:23 AM

 
Blogger Momo said...

15 Kids! That's a lot to teach to knit at one time. I find it's almost necessary to do it one on one with kiddos. Good for you!

That hat is so adorable!

April 11, 2007 9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! That hat is soooo cute! Love it!

Tracy

April 11, 2007 5:03 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

the hat is adorable, the fact that matt knits and is working on a baby project with you is even more adorable, and teaching kids to knit is so awesome - good job all around, girlie : )

April 11, 2007 8:06 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

That has got to be the cutest hat I've ever seen! Matt sounds adorable, too!

April 11, 2007 8:46 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

you found a guy that knits?! That's awesome!!! I tried to convince my husband (also a Matt) that learning to spin would be a good plan... he would have none of it....

April 17, 2007 4:30 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

You two just might be the cutest couple ever.... Your knitting group for kids is fantastic and speaking of cute, that hat needs to go on top of the tiny head of a pixie living in the woods. Good stuff!

April 22, 2007 9:14 PM

 
Blogger Katherine said...

What a great gift that is: to teach a child to knit! I hope they do keep it up.

And I tried to teach my DH but it just didn't work out very well. I'm teaching my friend's husband though (hey, he wanted to learn).

April 23, 2007 11:38 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

I am proud of your ability to teach kids to knit! I've tried to teach Harrison, but we don't work well together!

I just got the Knitting for Peace book! I am so excited to see how that hat turns out!

April 26, 2007 9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home