A place for my knitting ramblings ...

6.18.2007

One is the loneliest number

I cannot believe a whole month has gone by since I have blogged. On top of that, I have not knit one single stitch. The name of this blog should NOT be kristinknits based on my track record this year. I have completed one knitting project so far. ONE! That is pathetic. I have started two other projects. Remember these?


Yeah. These projects look just like they did in these pictures, which were posted in March & April. I have not knit since April. APRIL!
Am I being too hard on myself? This has been a busy year. And it has been a busy past few months (engagement, moving, planning a wedding, working ...). All these wonderful life changes are more important than knitting. But I need to bust out the knitting soon. NEED. TO!
(Maybe writing it here will be my motivation ... just maybe!)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Cecilia (piechura@msu.edu) said...

At least you're still thinking about knitting. That counts ;)

June 18, 2007 5:39 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

Yep, knit thinking does count. Unless it's stressful. Don't stress knit think!

Have a fun, planning stress free summer!!

June 18, 2007 7:28 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Heck, you've got your entire life to knit. Enjoy your engagement and wedding plans. That's what is most important right now.

June 18, 2007 8:23 PM

 
Blogger Maya said...

ha ha - you sound just like me! Except I'm knitting on a deadline on top of the wedding planning, so you know. Have you set a date?? Mine is September 2 - this year!lu

June 19, 2007 8:53 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Glad to see you back! I was worried that maybe the weight of your engagement ring was preventing you from posting :)

I think I only have 1 FO this year too, so don't feel bad. Maybe you can change your blog title to Kristinknits (in spirit).

So let's hear some wedding plans!

June 19, 2007 11:15 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

oh, don't be so hard on yourself - there will always be sticks and yarn...i agree w/ the others that you should enjoy your engagement and pick up the knitting when you really feel like it.

now, about that hat - too cute! what book is that?

June 19, 2007 10:26 PM

 
Blogger trixie stix said...

Think of it as a life full of many things to enjoy and explore, with knitting as the "rock" you always come home to.

Moving and wedding plans are much more fun. Ok, only the wedding plan part is truly fun, but all is exciting. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Knitting in spirit . . .

June 20, 2007 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about that hat. I may have to check out that book so I can make it.

-Stacey at toomanyscarves

June 21, 2007 1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home