A place for my knitting ramblings ...

7.25.2007

Photos from the 4th

america's high five
Spent the 4th of July up north, for a little slice of Americana and some good old R&R. I don't know what it is - maybe all the fresh air - but I get lots of sleep and feel so relaxed up there. I couldn't live there (I need the city), but it is so wonderful to visit. We watched a parade, visited 2 farm markets, rode around on golf carts, made some deliciously fresh pasta salad, enjoyed the views of the lake and dug our toes into the sand!
harbor springs beachy feet

We also went on a day trip to
Mackinac Island with my folks. It was a fun day that included a carriage ride, walking around the grounds of the Grand Hotel and fudge (of course!). At night, we went on a dinner/sunset cruise. Incredible views of the Mackinac Bridge with the sun setting behind it. A totally unique experience, for sure. And lots of photo ops!
happy 50 years!

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Church said...

Um, my apologies to the viewing public for my sand-covered feet. Kristin's feet take the prize!

July 26, 2007 8:12 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

great pic of the bridge!!! Sounds like you had a good holiday.

July 26, 2007 12:16 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Glad you had a great time. Did you do any knitting?

July 26, 2007 9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home