A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.16.2007

Boston + actual knitting content

Matt & I are just back from a week in Boston. We had so much fun and were super impressed by how walkable that city is! We fit in a lot, here are some highlights:
  • Swan Boat ride in the Public Garden
  • tour of the Massachusetts State House
  • codfish!

  • Make Way for Ducklings statue
  • Boston Children's Museum
  • architectural tour of Boston Public Library

  • yes, we ARE library nerds!

  • Blue Man Group (half off tickets!!!!)
  • New England Aquarium

  • jellies!

  • walking around the Beacon Hill area - so cute!
  • tour of Fenway Park (no tickets to the game!)


the green monstah

Did I mention that we saw Maya? We met at the Middle East for dinner and wedding chatter. It was great to see her! And fun to get the scoop on the chuppah & the wedding plans.

kristinknits & mayarn

So, here it is ... proof that I knit. I am really exited about this pattern and to see the hat as an FO. I wish I wasn't so slow about it. I started it 2 months ago! I am hoping that I won't have to sew in all those ends ... wishful thinking!

hat progress

Speaking of knitting, Matt & I are headed to the Michigan Fiber Fest this weekend. I have never been, but it promises to be fun. We are hoping to run into Aunt Guinness & Uncle Olive, as well as Holly Bee. Anyone else planning on attending? : )

9 Comments:

Blogger trixie stix said...

I'll be there (MI Fiberfest), but only on Friday. So, if I miss you, I am terribly sorry.

August 16, 2007 2:23 PM

 
Blogger Holly Bee said...

OOoh, I will be there Saturday!

August 16, 2007 8:46 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

I'm going on Sunday morning! There better be some good yarn left by then. Have fun!

August 17, 2007 7:58 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

It was great to see you and meet Matt! Glad you had a good time in Boston. And have fun at the Michigan Fiber Fest - I went twice and had tons o' fun! Be sure to check out the giant rooster (or is it a chicken?) atop the gates when you enter. It's classic Michigan County Fair, to me.

August 17, 2007 11:55 AM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

looks like you had a nice time in boston.. i've only been there in nov. and it was freezing, so i need to go back when it's warm i think. nice pics! and that pink hat is going to be adorable!

August 18, 2007 4:27 AM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Great pics! I've never been to boston and I love hearing about new places to go. I think travel is seriously addicting...

Your guy is going to a fiberfestival with you? Best Fiancee Ever.

cute pink hat, too btw!

August 18, 2007 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Mel said...

Sounds like a fun trip. You look so tan and summery cute!

Ahhh, the long-lost hat. Looking good.

August 18, 2007 10:19 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Have fun at the fiber festival! I love the pic of you and Matt; you guys are a cute couple!

August 19, 2007 11:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Love your comments on Boston! I lived there for 25 years,loved it!!

Is there any way you could give me a quick tutorial on how to sew this hat together? I am completely clueless! Many thanks!!! Debbe

August 12, 2015 3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home