A place for my knitting ramblings ...

8.22.2007

Michigan Fiber Festival

Went to Michigan Fiber Fest on Saturday. We made the 3 hour drive to Allegan and then had a blast checking out the sheep, the massive piles of roving and all the beautiful yarn.
black & white

I really used self-control and only purchased one hank of yarn. I figured that since I have only completed 1 knitting project this year - I can't justify huge yarn purchases right now. So, here it is ... my dreamy yarn from Briar Rose Fibers! 250 yards of hand painted 100% wool.
dream weaver

Ran into some knit bloggers: Beth (with her ravelry button) & Holly Bee (spotted her in that bright orange Tigers shirt ... awesome!). Did I mention that Holly is actually Matt's cousin? How lucky am I? Not only will I be marrying an awesome guy, but I also get a fabulous (and hilarious) knit blogging cousin! FUN!

knittin' cousins

On Saturday evening, we went to a family gathering in Kalamazoo. Holly & her family (Uncle Olive, Aunt Guinness, 3 pigs & an ogre) came, too. More fun! And such cute kids!
hey - you are on the internet!
It was a battle of the digital cameras!
good times

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly Bee said...

Wooohooo!!! I had soooo much fun!

Ok, mega dork near a computer, gotta go knit now.

August 22, 2007 8:17 AM

 
Anonymous Cecilia said...

Looks like you had a blast. I'm jealous. I went to the Mich Fiber Fest a few years ago but haven't made it back since.

August 22, 2007 9:22 AM

 
Blogger Maya said...

Fun! I hope to make it back to this one someday...

August 22, 2007 1:09 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Looks like you had fun! Gotta love fiber fests!

August 23, 2007 2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home